Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kenai skunk


Hunting bear, originally uploaded by D. Glen Elrod Photography.

Not that this photo IS the elusive Kenai skunk, but it fit the weekend. My buddies and I went on a charter fishing for King Salmon on the Kenai River. Our guide had 30+ years experience, but he had ME on board. 6 hours later and none of us on the boat had caught a fish. I managed to snag a log, but that was it.

So what does the bear have to do with it? Just so the trip wasn't a complete bust, I brought my new 100-400 IS L lens (but left the 40D at home just in case it took a drink in the river) and we stopped for wildlife on the way home. This bear was a LONG way away. When I stopped and pulled out the big lens the traffic of tourists stopped and they all whipped out their camera phones! I laughed.

So all was not lost, I got this guy, a young moose, a few eagles, an arctic tern in flight and some scenery. All in all, a good trip.

Glen

1 comment:

Karissa said...

You're slackin here Mr. It's been almost 2 months and I'm seeing the same old picture!